Coach U and Corporate Coach U’s International Coach Federation’s (ICF) approved Accredited Coach Training Program track (ACTP) starts with our 77-hour Core Essentials Program™. The Core Essentials Program™ offers foundational and intermediate courses to develop core coaching competency at the ICF’s Associate Certified Coach level (ACC), knowledge in developing a coaching business, and personal development for sustainable success in coaching.
These skills are essential for coaches providing individual and/or organisational coaching services. These programs, enhanced with invaluable practice and project labs, have been carefully designed to teach you core coaching skills, deepen your personal foundation and learn practical practice development skills as efficiently and conveniently as possible.
Our 77-hour professional coach training program is for:
- People who are looking for fundamental core courses in coach training.
- Coaches looking to blend the Coach U approach with other training programs.
- Individuals who are interested in developing coaching skills to incorporate into other positions or professions.
- People who intend to become well-trained and masterful credentialed coaches.
Once all program requirements have been satisfactorily fulfilled, coaches may apply for certification and/or continue on to one or both of Coach U and Corporate Coach U’s advanced programs.
Core Essentials Program™ is offered in two formats: either as a distance learning program, the Core Essentials Program™(CEP) detailed below, or as an in-person program, the Core Essentials Fast Track Program™(CEFTP).
The Core Essentials Program™ (CEP) – Distance Learning
The CEP is a facilitated telecourse-based program. You could begin taking courses in this program in as little as 10 days from now from the comfort of your own home!
After enrolling in the CEP you’ll simply need to purchase the required textbooks upon enrollment. There are also 100’s of PDF resources available throughout the program in the student area of the website.
Who participates in the Core Essentials Program
- People looking for beginning to intermediate level coach training coursework
- People intent on becoming well-trained and masterful credentialed coaches
- Experienced coaches whose clients are now starting to demand formal coach education and ICF credentialing
- Internal corporate and organisational coaches responsible for developing a strong coaching culture within their organisation
- Coaches looking to blend the Coach U approach with other philosophies
- Individuals interested in incorporating solid coaching skills into other positions or professions
- People who want to communicate more effectively with others and gain more control and success in life
- People who have high standards and want to learn from the very purist form of professional from the source (instead of copycats or highly uninformed or diluted programs). We regularly hear, “I chose your program because I have high standards in training. And, I’m happy to say you’ve exceeded them.“
What you will receive and learn in the Core Essentials Program
- In-depth information and interaction with the ICF’s 11 Core Coaching Competencies
- How to protect your coachee and protect your reputation as a coach with Ethics & Standards
- Popular myths and misconceptions in coaching – including how prospective coaches and client organisations can easily spot an untrained coach
- Distinctions between coaching and other roles as well as fundamental differences between internal and external coaching
- How to get out of your own way and serve clients with objectivity using Coach U’s acclaimed Personal Foundation(tm) concepts
- A variety of proprietary Coaching Models for time-management, strategising, decision-making, sustainability, transformation, etc.
- Elements of your ideal coaching practice, your strengths in coaching and whether to specialise or not (and, if so, how to position yourself)
- Crucial components in creating strong coaching contracts
- Hundreds of forms, resources, checklists, assessments and other tools developed by Coach U (and how to use third-party assessments in coaching)
- How to recognise and navigate diverse, tricky and situational coaching scenarios
- How Coach U’s 9 Guiding Principles can inform your coaching
- Qualifications that large organisations seek out for their global pool of coaches
- How to establish sustainable coaching fees and packages
- An overview of sales strategies that the most successful coaches use and how to create multiple streams of revenue (comprehensive information is in the Advanced Programs)
- Step-by-step pathways to becoming credentialed as a coach
After you have completed your courses, self-tests and required client coaching hours, you’ll apply for Core Essentials Graduation. You can take a break or continue with your advanced coach training. You have a full 15 months to complete this program, although some complete in 6-9 months.
Option: Would you prefer an in-person program?
Maybe the Core Essentials Fast Track Program (CEFTP) would suit you. The CEFTP is a 6-day face-to-face program with pre- and post-event Telecoursees. Find upcoming dates and global locations for future Core Essentials Fast Track Program™.
Course List for the Core Essentials Program
- New Student Orientation
- New Coach Orientation
- Guiding Principles
- Context for Coaching
- Situational Coaching
- Core Skills Practicum
- Application Practicum
- Personal Foundation Level One
- Establishing Yourself as a Coach
Core Essentials Programs FAQs
- When can I Start? After you enrol in the Core Essentials Program, Admissions will contact you to enrol you in a one-hour “CE-101 CEP Orientation” session; these are offered two times per month. So, you can start within weeks! After attending this Orientation session, you may enter the student-only area, review the complete schedule (courses are scheduled months in advance) and enrol in courses! The course schedule changes each month to accommodate preferred course days (some people enroll in courses on specific days of the week only while others have greater availability) and times of the day (some people prefer to call before or after work while others during business hours) as well as time zones (we have students in over 50 countries). Courses are available around the clock from Monday-Thursday, depending on where you live.
- How long does it take to graduate? Core Essentials Program participants have up to 15 months to complete, and many complete between 6-12 months; depends on how available and motivated you are! Participants generally take 2-4 courses per month (not the same number each month).
- What’s the next step after I become a Core Essentials Graduate? That’s up to you. Some focus on getting their ICF Associate Certified Coach credential now that they have met the formal coach-specific training hours. Some work on this and start taking intermediate and advanced courses to accelerate their development as a coach. Others, have what they need to coach on the job. And, others find that when the apply the skills and philosophies to their personal lives, they realise more satisfaction, meaning and contentment.
Our Advanced Coach Training Programs
After you have graduated from the Core Essentials Program™, you may choose to continue your coach specific training with:
- Coach U’s Advanced Coaching Program™ (ACP)
- Corporate Coach U’s Advanced Corporate Coaching Program™ (ACCP)
To graduate from one of the advanced programs, you must complete 98 hours of required and elective courses. A total of 175 hours of coach training (which includes the Core Essentials Program ) is required for graduation from the advanced programs.
Click here to view our most recent tuition schedule.
To register now and secure your place please complete the registration form below. One of our team will contact with you within 48 business hours, to finalise your registration, answer questions, clarify program logistics, gain your payment instructions and let you know the pathway to your program commencement. Please ensure you read our enrolment policy prior to enrolling.