The Core Essentials Fast Track Program™ (CEFTP) in-person program, offers 77 hours of coaching core competencies and is offered around the world, with thousands of coaches having graduated from the program. Upon graduation of the program participants may apply for their ACC (Associated Certified Credential) with the International Coach Federation under the ICF’s ASCTH pathway.
The Core Essentials Fast Track Program offers foundational and intermediate courses to develop core coaching competency at the ICF’s Associate Certified Coach (ACC) level, knowledge in developing an internal or external coaching practice or business, and personal development for sustainable success in coaching. These skills are essential for coaches providing individual and/or organizational coaching services. This program, enhanced with invaluable practice and project labs, have been carefully designed to teach you core coaching skills and learn practical business development skills as efficiently and conveniently as possible.
For more than 25 years Coach U has been the leader in the development of coaching models, skills and assessment tools. CEFTP participants will receive access to these tools and learn methods for their use with clients and organisations. Participants also learn how to choose and utilise third party assessments.
Coach U’s Core Essentials Programs are the beginning 77 hours of Coach U’s fully approved ICF Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP) track. As part of the larger ACTP offerings, the Core Essentials Fast Track Program hours are approved as ACSTH hours and can be used for professional credentialing with the ICF.
2019 Upcoming Programs
Locations for our 2019 scheduled Core Essentials Fast Track Program (CEFTP). Please click on the locations you’re interested in for more information.
Portland, Oregon, USA – Monday, June 24 – Saturday, June 29, 2019
click here for more details
Singapore – Monday, September 30 – Saturday, October 5, 2019
click here for more details
Hong Kong – Monday, October 28 – Saturday, November 2, 2019
click here for more details
Orlando, Florida, USA – Monday, November 4 – Saturday, November 9, 2019
click here for more details
San Diego, California, USA – Monday, December 2 – Saturday, December 7, 2019
click here for more details
If you have any questions, please contact us.
About the Core Essentials FastTrack Program™ (CEFTP)
Coach U’s Core Essentials Fast Track Program (CEFTP) is delivered utilising the most advanced effective methods available.
Core Essentials Fast Track Program participants will:
- Complete fundamental core courses in coach training
- 77-hours of training:
- Participate in the 1-hour New Student Orientation Telecourse before the in-person program
- Attend the 6-day in-person program daily (with homework in the evenings)
- The Core Coaching courses, Personal Foundation course, Project and Practice Labs will be delivered in person.
- Complete the scheduled 4-week Private Establishing Yourself as a Coach Telecourse (4 x 2 hour Telecourse per consecutive week)
- Complete Group projects
- Complete Online exams, self-tests [open for 6 months]
- Log 20 Client coaching hours [open for 6 months]
- Understand and agree to uphold the ICF’s Code of Ethics for professional coaches
- Be able to blend the Coach U approach with other training programs and directly into your current profession
- Develop coaching skills to use in other professions
- Learn how to choose and utilize third-party assessments
- Move further on the path of becoming well-trained and masterful credentialed coaches
- Apply for your Core Essential Graduate (CEG) designation
You must attend all of the sessions to receive credit and to graduate from the program (total 77 hours). Successful completion grants the Core Essentials Graduate designation. Graduates may then apply for their ICF Associate Certified Coach designation via the ICF’s ASTCH pathway.
Click here for full list of modules included in the training.
Complimentary AT NO EXTRA CHARGE: In addition, CEFTP participants may re-take courses for free in the Core Essentials Program, by telecourses, for up to six months following the completion of the EYAAC.
Part of the training and coaching philosophy includes Coach U’s Guiding Principles™. Participants will gain practical skills and knowledge in the Guiding Principles™ throughout the course.
The Core Essentials Fast Track Program™ offers the best of both worlds – in-person immersion on the front end with weekly courses for implementation and fine-tuning for six months.
Optional: Coaches may then proceed to enrol in the Coach U or Corporate Coach U Advanced Coach Training Program, or or Advanced Corporate Coaching Program, leading to the Coach U Certified Graduate designation.
Please ensure that you read the CEFTP Enrolment Policy prior to enrolling. While the CEFTP Orientation session is optional, if you’re unable to make this session, you will have to attend the CEP Orientation by telecourse, prior to before you apply for CEP graduation. In addition to the program, participants invest in 3 textbooks, travel and accommodation.
Program text books
There are 3 reference books required for this training program.
- You may add the three required textbooks on to your tuition for USD$325 and receive the books on the first day of the program.
- You may purchase the three textbooks yourself via eg Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Wiley and have them shipped to your home/office, read them (if you have time), and bring them to the In Person program.
Upon registration, one of our team will be able to answer your questions regarding the required text books.
Required text books: over 1000 pages of coaching tools, skills and resources
- The Coach U Personal and Corporate Coach Training handbook
- The Coach U Personal Development Workbook and Guide
- Coach U’s Essential Coaching Tools: Your complete Practice Resources – forms, programs & Coach/Coachee information
- CD (PDF’s and changeable word docs)
After the In Person Training: AT NO EXTRA COST
If you desire, you will have 6 months from the date of the last program telecourse to take any/all Core Essentials Telecourses – this program is truly the best of both worlds.
You can access even more resources and information, our special interest groups and repeat any course via Telecourse, at your convenience for a period, at no extra tuition cost. (Your only cost is connecting into the telecourse by webcall, skype etc).
To ensure you have full knowledge of Telecourses, you will need to complete the regular Core Essentials New Coach Orientation Telecourse after completing your in-person training, if you wish to participate in the complimentary Telecourses. (no charge)
Although we know you will learn a great deal during the In Person training, we understand that you may wish to deepen your learning or refresh your memories.
If you are interested in retaking the core modules, you may begin to register for Telecourses a week after the In Person training.
Each week, you can access an interactive Telecourse with other students from around the world, led by a Coach U Faculty, who are also full-time coaches and who shares their wisdom and experience with you, reducing your learning curve and answering questions that every coach has.
You can also collaborate with a community of like-minded people all developing their coaching skills just like you, from all over the world.
Who is the program designed for?
- People looking for fundamental core courses in coach training
- People who intend to become well-trained and masterful credentialed coaches
- Experienced coaches whose clients are now starting to demand formal coach education and coaches with a higher credential with the International Coach Federation
- Internal corporate and organisational coaches responsible for developing a strong coaching culture within their organisation
- Coaches looking to blend the Coach U approach with other training programs
- Individuals who are interested in incorporating solid coaching skills into other positions or professions
- People who want to receive formal coach training within one month
If you don’t want to wait or travel to an in-person program, consider enrolling in the facilitated Distance Learning Core Essentials Program delivered via Telecourses. You could start taking courses in as little as 10 days from now (depending on your enrolment date). Click here for more information on the Core Essentials Program.
- Explore a rich conversation in regards to meeting ethical guidelines and professional standards
- Establishing the coaching agreement verbally and in writing for successful relationships
- Co-creating a respectful, open, trusting relationship
- The Being of coaching and demonstrating Coaching Presence
- How to listen actively and contextually
- Using powerful discovery questioning
- Using neutral direct communication to create new awareness
- Supporting others in designing actions for goal achievement
- The Art of managing progress and accountability without telling people what to do and how to do it
- Myths and misconceptions in coaching – teaching how prospective individuals and organizations can easily spot an untrained coach
- Distinctions between professional coaching and other professional roles
- Learning how to get out of your own way using Coach U’s Personal Foundation concepts
- Determining elements of your ideal coaching practice followed by implementation strategies
- Finding your strengths in coaching and whether or not to specialize
- Knowing which tools, assessments and surveys, out of several hundred, that would be best for each demographic group or coachee
- Experiencing coaching people with different learning styles, personalities, cultures, and roles
Click here to view our most recent tuition schedule.
We strongly recommend that you register as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The fast track program has limited participant numbers.
We run a limited number of live/in-person programs per year, the Core Essentials Fast Track Programs typically sells out.
To register now and secure your place please complete the registration form below. One of our team will then contact with you within the next 48 business hours, to finalise your registration, answer questions, clarify program logistics, gain your payment instructions and let you know the pathway to your program commencement. Please ensure you read our enrolment policy prior to enrolling
Students who successfully complete all coursework in three programs (a) the foundational/intermediate CEP/CEFTP program, b) the Advanced Coaching Program/Advanced Corporate Coaching Program, and c) additional requirements to receive the Coach U Certified Graduate or Corporate Coach U Certified Graduate designation) will be able to apply for their ACC or PCC designations through the ACTP Track with the International Coach Federation. (The same standard for coach training hours and client coaching hours applies for all ACTP-approved coach training programs).